If you are lucky enough to live in Europe, I'm pleased to announce that Designing the Mobile User Experience is now available!In it, you will find:
- a comprehensive guide to the mobile user experience, offering guidance to help make appropriate product development and design decisions.
- the tools necessary for product development professionals to understand development in the mobile environment.
- an overview of the components affecting the user experience and principles uniquely applicable to the mobile application field.
- the industry structure and power dynamics, providing insight into how mobile technologies and platforms become available on current and future phones.
- user research and design methodologies accounting for device proliferation
- user interface design patterns, design resources, and user research methods for mobile user interface design.
Designing the Mobile User Experience is an invaluable resource for information architects, user experience planners and designers, interaction designers, human factors specialists, ergonomists, product marketing specialists, and brand managers. Managers and directors within organizations entering the mobile space, advanced students, partnership managers, software architects, solution architects, development managers, graphic designers, visual designers, and interface designers will also find this to be an excellent guide to the topic.
Most of the rest of us will have to wait until April to get our hands on the book.